This toolkit was developed to increase the number of participants who successfully combine breastfeeding with employment. It contains materials that have been designed for participants, and employers.
CA Breastfeeding Law Cards:
These wallet-sized cards, provided free by the Breastfeeding Task Force, contain text from lactation laws in the State of California.
"All About Breastfeeding" Website by the New York State WIC office
- Breastfeeding when away from home
- Going back to work or school
- Introducing a bottle and breast pumping information
California Department of Public Health WIC WORKS Website
- WIC Pantry for Mom and Baby Breastfeeding Comparisons (PDF)..Spanish
- How Does Formula Compare to Breastmilk (PDF)..Spanish
- Breastfeeding While Working or Going to School (PDF)..Spanish
- Getting Ready for Child Care English (PDF)..Spanish
- Pumping and Storing Breastmilk for Your Baby (PDF)..Spanish
- Sample Schedule for Expressing Breastmilk at Work English (PDF)..Spanish
Flexible Work Websites to Help Facilitate Working and Breastfeeding
Maternal and Child Health Library
- Breastfeeding Consumer Education Materials
- Breastfeeding Promotion for Health Professionals
- Breastfeeding and Working Mothers for Consumers and Health Professionals
www.pumpingmoms.org. Information on how to pump, ways to increase milk production and mother-to-mother support.
www.workandpump.com. Mother-to-mother advice for moms working outside the home and breastfeeding. Message boards, news updates, info for employers.